Lavender can be great for daily use to help create calmness, add a soothing scent to other products, and even has powerful antibacterial properties. It is an affordable and versatile essential oil to keep around the house.
1) Add a few drops of lavender oil to a facial mask. Not only will it make the mask smell great, but it's also a great anti-inflammatory.
2) Put a drop of lavender oil directly on a mosquito or ant bite. It will immediately help with any redness, itching or swelling.
3) Add a drop of lavender oil to a cotton pad when you apply your daily astringent. If you don't use astringent, try witch hazel for a similar effect. It is safe for all skin types and great for creating a healthy glow to the skin. This can be especially helpful for skin that is inflamed. Your face will feel really clean, but not dry. (Be careful to not get it near your eyes or mouth).
4) Feel a pimple coming on? Put a drop of lavender oil on the spot every few hours. While this is not an acne cure, it helps kill the bacteria and reduce any redness. If used quickly enough, it can help prevent mild pimples from ever forming.
5) Lavender oil can be added to unscented shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. You will have the added calming benefits of lavender and your bathroom will smell like a spa.
6) Feel stressed or having trouble sleeping?
Stress ~ Put a drop or two of lavender oil on a tissue, hold it near your face and take a few deep breaths. It really helps.
For Sleep ~ Put a drop on your temples, wrists, and ankles before climbing into bed. Make it a nightly habit.
1) Place a few drops of lavender oil on dryer sheets. It will make your clothes/linens and laundry area smell amazing.
2) Add lavender oil to a spray bottle of distilled water for a DIY linen spray. Spray sheets and pillows every night a few minutes before bed.
3) You can add a few drops lavender oil to any burning candle (i.e. vanilla, clean linen, citrus, etc...) and create your own custom made scent for your home.
4) Have company coming over? Or turning on the heat for the first time this year? Add a few drops of lavender oil to a dryer sheet and tape it to the a/c filter for a fresh, clean scent.
5) Add lavender oil to counter top and bathroom disinfectant sprays. Once dry, it leaves behind a very light scent.
6) Have silk plants or silk flower arrangements? Add a few drops of lavender to the leaves to make them smell nice. This works especially well in smaller rooms.
*Driving can be stressful at times. Place a few drops of lavender oil on dryer sheets and put them under the front seats. It makes your vehicle smell nice and keeps you from having to use commercial sprays on the upholstery. Replace once a week to keep the scent fresh. If everyone around you is driving like a crazy person, you will have your lavender. ;)